What We Serve
We honor disability as an important aspect of the diversity of Chung Yuan Christian University (CYCU) and are dedicated to fostering accessible and inclusive learning environments for students. We partner with students, faculty, and staff to build accessible environments as the students progress through the university. Specifically, we meet with each student to ascertain any accommodations they may need, and work with the professors, other faculty, and staff to ensure that these accommodations are put into place not only for the classroom but also for housing and mobility. Beyond accommodations, we also provide additional support and resources that can help students during their stay at the university.
We meet with each student to develop an Individualized Support Plan (ISP) at the beginning of each semester to make sure they have full access to a fulfilling college experience and achieve academic success. We provide the following services at ISP:
- Support for learning, such as testing accommodations, academic tutoring, etc.
- Transitional services, including those provided to first-year students and those nearing graduation.
- On-campus consultation services are available to students, faculty, and staff.
- Disability management, including things like classroom equipment and assistive technology.
- Campus life support: We provide a range of extracurricular activities and recreational pursuits to enrich students’ lives and also provide them with the information they need.